Overtime is Dribbble’s audio companion and our first foray into the world of audio. In this episode, Dan Cederholm talks with letter, logo, and font designer, Ian Brignell. Ian’s impressive client list includes Budweiser, Smirnoff, Harvard, Dove, Hershey’s and many more. We were honored to talk to Ian about his background, his process, tips for designing and lettering, collaboration, and advice for young designers.
Dan also asks Ian about a few of his Dribbble shots and the story behind them. Ian shares his process for designing the Coke font and the Budweiser label.. He also told us about his font foundry, IB Type, where he has fonts for purchase. So, not only can you admire Ian's great work, but you can use it in your next project.
It was a really great conversation and we’re excited to share it with you. Enjoy!
- How Ian got started with design and lettering
- Ian's design process
- Tools and resources Ian uses
- Collaborating with teams on projects
- Designing the Coke Typeface and Budweiser Label
- Ian's best advice for students of design and lettering
- Ian Brignell
- Ian on Dribbble
- IB Type
- Follow Ian Brignell on Twitter
- Speedball Lettering Book
- Lettering for Reproduction by David Gates
- Namiki Falcon Pen
Full episode notes and more at https://dribbble.com/overtime.